I just put up a blog post over on A Home Grown Journal telling about how my husband forcibly locked me in my quilt studio for the whole day yesterday. And how profitable it was. I finished the was-really-a-Christmas-tree-skirt-but-now-is-a-winter-tablecloth-quilt.
Here it is on my design wall. All done. Quilted and bound. I used Thermore for batting which is super-thin and drapes nicely.
I had a big hunk of blue print fabric that I've been wondering if I would ever use that I thought would be a good match for the backing. I still have that big hunk of blue print fabric that I'm wondering if I will ever use . . . because it wasn't a good match at all. I ended up using a nice white on white which is probably more appropriate anyway.
I didn't know exactly how the different shape of the quilt, which I really, really like, would fit on our little kitchen table, but it's just fine.
Now the first guy who knocks over a glass of red wine on it is in BIG trouble!