It's funny how I can have an idea in my head of a quilt I want to make, but almost from the get-go plans get changed.
I wanted to use this fabric as the background and outer border focal fabric and imagined using it with shades of pink and purple. The purples jumped out at me immediately. Easy on that count.
What about the pinks? Let me say, I've got a fairly good stash of pinks, but do you think I could find even one piece that looked good with my focal fabric? Nope. So then I tried some greens. Ooooh, no, not at all. How about some darker yellows? That floated like a lead balloon also.
Well, why don't I use just the two purples? That idea was starting to sound very good. (Small delay in progress while I put away stacks and stacks of pink, green and yellow fabric.)
I'm using the Grandmother's Pride block and have the twelve of them that will be the center of the quilt done.
Another little change the quilt insisted upon . . . originally, I had intended to put the blocks together without sashing but once again, the picture in my mind's eye didn't match with the way the blocks looked when I got them all up on my design wall. Even though I really like this particular block, I think it needed the sashing as a frame.
So I'm in the process of adding the sashing and will try to post a picture later today (or tomorrow . . . the house has GOT to be shoveled out today) of the center completed.
Stay tuned . . .