Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

What Does Your Stash of Quilting Books Look Like?

I was looking at a website offering quilting books for sale and debating with myself if I really needed any more. Heaven knows, I've got enough ideas and projects already lined up to keep me busy for . . . oh say, the next 30 or 40 years.

For Christmas I got a book on free-motion quilting that I had asked for. But before that, I can't remember the last time I purchased a quilting book.

What's your criteria for buying a new book to add to your collection? Do you automatically purchase the newest publication from your favorite author/quilter? Do you buy a book for a specific pattern? Does a book need to offer several patterns you like before you invest in it?

I know I have books on my shelves that I've probably outgrown and should pass on to someone else. But they're like old friends. Paging through them brings back memories of how amateur-ish my skills were when I first got them. And yet these were the books from which I learned so much.

Do you get most of your quilting ideas from books? Or do they come from quilting magazines you subscribe to? If you think I have a lot of quilting books, you should see my collection of magazines that I just can't part with. Maybe that's a topic for another blog post!

No comments: