Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Featured Quilt of the Week - "Savannah Summer"


The contrast of the white-on-white background of this baby quilt with the rainbow of 30s reproduction fabrics makes me think of summer time and lovely warm days. Imagine spreading this quilt on the grass next to your lawn chair, stripping baby down to diaper only and letting the gentle sun warm that baby-soft skin for a short time.


The Split Rail Fence blocks set on-point led to the precise piecing that lends a crispness to the design. Straight-line quilting in the center of the quilt mirrors the block lines.


I used wavy lines for quilting in the border.


The coordinated backing makes the quilt reversible . . .


. . . and yet still offers interest and lots of color.


Just go to my website to put this darling quilt in your shopping cart.

I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have about this or any of the other quilts I have for sale on my website. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Quilting!


10 comments:

beth said...

the perfect quilt for a boy or girl. Someone took some nice pictures of this one!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Thanks, Beth! Daughter took all the pictures but the last one of the folded quilt which I took.

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Don't mind me...just here taking notes for my next projects! :)

And yes - beautiful shots. I only dream of having such a nice clean space to take pictures of my quilts!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Jen - You are so silly. (But I saw you lurking!)

Chicken Mama is a perfectionist when taking pictures. Even though I'm fussy in many ways, she drives me nuts with her close-to-OCD in some things!

Sharon said...

Another precious quilt...love the colors!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Sharon - I love anything scrappy so this one was fun to make.

Katidids said...

I love it!Great colors, quilting has been on my "TO DO" list this winter but I've not gotten very far..but I keep picking up stash for it!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hey, Katie - Just wait until you get into it! It is totally addicting, you'll see. It's such a creative outlet while at the same time producing a useful product. Keep adding to your stash . . . you'll need it!

Anonymous said...

Is there a pattern to purchase for this one?

Anonymous said...

I would like to purchase this pattern. Is this still available?