Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snowman Door Hanger

I thought you might like seeing this quilt-y snowman I made a couple of years ago.

After the Christmas decorations get packed away, I have a small snowman collection that I put out for a month or so. When I saw the pattern for this snowman door hanger, I thought he would fit right in with my other snowman decorations.

The pattern was in the December, 2006, issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.

I've always planned to make more of them to give as gifts at holiday time, but haven't yet quite gotten around to doing so.

There's always next year. My quilt "To Do" list really could use a few more items on it. (That was a joke.)

7 comments:

beth said...

looks like you did a lot of hand work on that little snowman! Bells too? Very cute!

Holly Days Closet said...

Oh that is so cute I love snowmen.
Holly

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hey, Beth - Hahaha! You hit on the reason I think I haven't whipped out a bunch of these for gifts . . . there was A LOT of hand work on it! (But fun to do!)

Hi, Holly - Thanks for the comment and complimentary words!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Karen - Ya know, I've gotten such nice comments on this little quilt-y thingie I'm getting enthused about making a few for gifts. (Maybe if I do them assembly line style they won't take so long?) Sure would be a good time of year to work on them.

Thanks very much for making the comment!

Char said...

Hi..I made the snowman door hanger too a couple years ago and gave it away finally, as a xmas gift...I never used it. It was just in my box of handmade things....I used upholstery fabrics and white suede for the snowman. Just free fabric from the furniture store samples...
Enjoy your blog...Char

Sharon said...

He is adorable, and I have the pattern filed away "to do" someday....I like to keep a few snowmen out after Christmas, too.

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Char - I would have loved to have seen a picture of your snowman door hanger. Always fun to see somebody else's interpretation.

Thanks for the kind words and comment. Please stop by again.

Hey, Sharon - Maybe we should set up a time (a certain week or some such) and all make a couple of these guys and post them on our blogs! As I said to Char above, it would be interesting to see the different ones we made.

Thank you for taking the time to comment here!