Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

When The Cat's Away . . .

. . . the mouse will play! While dear husband was off on his jaunt with men friends today, I spent a bit of time quilting.

Nothing like a little motivation to get me moving first thing this morning. I very carefully went out to do morning animal chores. I was extra cautious since I was home alone and didn't want any accidents on the ice. Before I went out, I told Zoey the Wonder Dog that if I wasn't back in in a half hour, she should dial 911. Happily, all went well.

Then I did a few other things that had to be done, and put some lentils on to simmer, made dressing for a salad, and cooked and refrigerated some vanilla pudding for tonight's dessert.

Wahoo . . . into my quilt room I went. Put on the TV and (kinda) watched skiing and figure skating while I sewed, sewed, sewed.

Here's the finished top made with the Flying Birds block. The color representation is much better than the picture I posted yesterday. I'm not a good enough photographer to figure out why the color is so bad some times and much better others. The artificial light in the room is so good. Well, for seeing, obviously. Not so much for picture taking apparently.

This quilt went together easily and I really liked working with the larger sized blocks. A good day. Why wouldn't it be? I quilted!

5 comments:

beth said...

I sent a little comment earlier today hoping you'd get to quilt and you DID! And...your little quilt is lovely! I'm sure not a photo expert, but have you tried taking the pictures without flash sometimes and comparing them with the pictures taken with flash?

Jenyfer Matthews said...

That is really nice. Love the balance of colors.

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Beth - YES, I do need to learn how to use (or not use) the flash. Good point.

Jen - Thanks much!

Chicken Mama said...

SUPER-duper cute! And, to the untrained (quilt) eye, it seems like it's a really unusual pattern, too, no?

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Chicken Mama - Thank you, thank you, thank you! The 12 outer blocks are the old traditional "Flying Birds" block but the overall quilt design/pattern is my own. So . . . does that make me "unusual"? Good! And thanks for your kind words.