Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Friday, January 8, 2010

EEEOWWW-ARRRGH!

That was a primal scream of frustration escaping my delicate, little, lady-like lips. Boy, there be a big, black cloud over our house lately. Both hubby and I are having another rough day. Nuthin' is going right, it's now 7 p.m. and neither of us feel we've gotten diddly-squat done today. Lots of good intentioned starts ending quickly and abruptly with our heads making contact with the old brick wall . . . boink!

Now that my computer is back up and running, we're having trouble with our high-speed satellite connection. Then two and a half hours ago when I first tried to get this post up, I found two glitches in the blog program. Lucky for me, my sick daughter/blog administrator was able to help me via e-mail to get them straightened out. More fun and games to keep us on our toes.

But I shall refrain from carrying on like a spoiled brat. Neither Roy nor I is suffering from the scads of germs that seem to be knocking down friends and family like so many bowling pins. Chicken Mama (our daughter) has been laid low (poor baby, and she's out of kleenex, too) and some schools in our nearest city have had to close because they've lost more than half their teaching staffs to colds, flus, and other mysterious maladies.

Nor have we fallen and done serious injury to any body parts on the glare ice that surrounds us. There is ice EVERYWHERE. Unless we get an appreciable amount of snow, the ice is going to be with us until spring. (Oh, horrible thought.) It is truly dangerous to drive or walk anywhere.

So I'm going to pack an overnight bag with my jammies and go to my quilt studio. No, wait. I don't have to do that. I have a bedroom and quilt studio both within the walls of the house. Why am I complaining about anything? I'll just go quilt until this black cloud moves on. (Dream on, Mama Pea, dream on.)

But I have gotten some quilting done in the last week or so when I was disconnected from my blogging by my ailing computer.

This is going to be a tablecloth to use in the winter time. Like now. As soon as I get it finished. It's going on the table.

I really like using a quilted tablecloth but I've realized I don't have one that doesn't have a flower motif. (WHAT was I thinking?!) Somehow, a tablecloth that shouts, "Spring! Summer! Flowers! Tra-La!" doesn't do it for me in January.

Connecting Threads had a really good sale before Christmas and advertised this kit. It was a Christmas tree skirt. I ordered it (under $16), made a couple of little adjustments, and it's going to be a great tablecloth to use in the winter months.

Different shape, I know, but I think that just adds to the attractiveness of it. I'll be sure to post another picture the first time I use it on the table.

I wanted to have this post up first thing this morning but, as I (complained) said, I just couldn't get to it until now. Better late than never.

It's great to be blogging again!

2 comments:

beth said...

glad you're back. I'm so sorry to hear about all those computer issues. Aren't you glad you have a family member who knows what she's doing? Blogging is fun, so I empathize with your forced vacation from it! Glad you used your time wisely though. That great table cloth will be a nice addition to your January meals!!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Beth - I never would have gotten started blogging if it hadn't been for my daughter and her capabilities. Now, of course, I love it and would have a big hole in my life if I couldn't do it.

Biggest loss of all is that I would never have "met" people like you. Sort of like the old fashioned pen pals, I guess. I've never met you but feel you're my friend.