Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Pattern, New Fabric, New Project

Why is it always so surprising (when I've been quilting for umpteen years, for heaven's sake) that it takes soooo long to cut out pattern pieces?

This represents about 3 hours of rotary cutting. And it's just the very center of the quilt. No sashing or outside borders cut yet. Goodness gracious, how long did it take the old gals to cut out their pieces when they had to trace templates and cut with scissors? Myohmyohmy.

Here's the very first of the quilt I pieced. Is it gonna be done in strips? Looks like a strip to me.

But wait. There are three of them. Hmmm, where is this going?

Stay tuned . . .

2 comments:

beth said...

you're so funny! I love reading your blog. :)

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Oh, Beth, thanks. But you shouldn't encourage me . . . I'll just keep doing it!