Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Did You Quilt Today?

Waaah! I didn't. I didn't even step foot inside my quilt studio today. Whoops. Yes, I did. I went in there to throw a couple of shirts that need pressing on the ironing board.

My baby quilt that needs just a little more meandering to be done on it before I can bind it . . . still needs just a little more meandering to be done on it. Maybe tomorrow.

I was looking through some old issues of quilting magazines a week or so ago searching for a certain pattern and came across these ten New Year's Resolutions in a January, 1997, issue of a Fons and Porter magazine. I know it's not close to the new year yet (thankfully!), but I got a chuckle out of them, and I think they're appropriate to us quilters any day of the year. (My comments in parenthesis.)

1. Eat more chocolate. (In my case, I would have to change chocolate to potato chips.)

2. Never cook when I can quilt. (But who's going to feed me so I can keep up my strength? That's it. I'm hiring a cook.)

3. Begin at least ten new projects. (Phffft! Easy-peasy.)

4. Learn to love UFOs. (You'd know this could be hard if you could see some of mine. Maybe I should change this one to "Learn to throw away UFOs.")

5. Never miss a fabric sale. (Like, why would anybody do that?)

6. Start a dust bunny collection. (Check. Been there, done that. Mine are full-grown rabbits now.)

7. Spend more time in the sewing room than in the kitchen. (Sounds like a good plan to me. "Oh, Cook? Cook?")

8. Make sure my credit card never feels neglected. (Credit card? As in singular? Why not spread the action out a little? Use two or three.)

9. Never count the number of stitches per inch. (Amen.)

10. Quilt only on days ending in Y (Okay, I promise.)

4 comments:

beth said...

VERY cute! Hope you get back to sewing soon!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Thanks, Beth. I hope I can quilt some tomorrow, too. Two days since I've done anything and I'm getting cranky.

Amanda Jean said...

now THAT is a list i could stick to. i, too, would substiute potato chips for chocolate. :)

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, amandajean - So do we get classified as "salty" rather than "sweet?" ;o)