Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Current Baby Quilt - Movin' Along

Over the last couple of days I got all the blocks sewn together and last night put on the borders.

I had decided that 4" borders would work so went with that. Ugh. Put the (what I thought was the finished) quilt top up on my design wall and somethin' was wrong. The borders were too wide. My eye was drawn away from the quilt center blocks and out to the too-wide borders. Decided to sleep on it and went to bed.

This morning nothing had changed. Still ugh. Cut 1-1/2" off both sides and top and bottom and . . . whew! Much better, thank you very much.

Got the backing and batting cut, the quilt sandwiched and secured with pins before lunch.

Back up on the design wall to decide how to quilt it. I want to do soft line quilting because of all the sharp corners and angles in the blocks. Will probably go with all-over meandering. I think. Maybe. Guess I need a couple of days to look at it hanging there to be sure. (I'll try to get it to talk to me.)

3 comments:

Janice said...

It's gorgeous! I love the alternating white and color rounds! Good job.

beth said...

this one's beautiful! enjoy looking at your design wall!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Janice - Thanks for commenting! I think the placement of the white strips in the alternating blocks form kind of an optical illusion. The blocks look different sizes at first . . . but they're not!

Hey, Beth - Thanks for your kind words.