Over the last couple of days I got all the blocks sewn together and last night put on the borders.
I had decided that 4" borders would work so went with that. Ugh. Put the (what I thought was the finished) quilt top up on my design wall and somethin' was wrong. The borders were too wide. My eye was drawn away from the quilt center blocks and out to the too-wide borders. Decided to sleep on it and went to bed.
This morning nothing had changed. Still ugh. Cut 1-1/2" off both sides and top and bottom and . . . whew! Much better, thank you very much.
Got the backing and batting cut, the quilt sandwiched and secured with pins before lunch.
Back up on the design wall to decide how to quilt it. I want to do soft line quilting because of all the sharp corners and angles in the blocks. Will probably go with all-over meandering. I think. Maybe. Guess I need a couple of days to look at it hanging there to be sure. (I'll try to get it to talk to me.)