Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Done, Done, Done!

I went to my twice a month get-together this morning of a few good friends who meet for some quilting time and conversation. We caught up on each others current projects, we laughed a lot (as usual) and, I think, gained support from each other.

There is something both timeless and to be treasured in the sharing of feelings, concerns, joys and sorrow among friends with whom you feel comfortable. I was reminded of how many, many years women have sought out situations such as this in which to do their handwork.

What did I work on? I finished sewing the binding on my latest baby quilt. Yay! We now know that the new arrival due in December will be a little girl, so I felt comfortable adding the one pink border.

Rounded corners seemed right for this quilt . . . helps to soften the straight lines of the blocks. Always good to finish a project, but at the same time, I will miss working on it while thinking of this new, very much wanted, little life coming into the world. I hope my quilt keeps her warm for years to come.

6 comments:

beth said...

I'm glad you can get together and quilt with friends...how nice! I just started having a young mother come over to sew with me. I'm enjoying it very much and hope we can continue!
This quilt is beautiful! Love all those fabrics!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Thanks, Beth.

I'm betting that young mother is LOVING getting together with you to sew. Mentoring is very rewarding, isn't it? (And gives an excuse to quilt more!)

Chicken Mama said...

You know, I'm going to print out these posts that have shown the progress of N's baby quilt . . . and then give it to her parents! I think it will be neat for them & her to look back on the progression of it in the years to come!

xo

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Chicken Mama - Gosh, that's a sweet thing for you to do. I'm sure they'll look at it as an extra special gift from N's nanny-to-be!

Amanda Jean said...

it's such a beautiful quilt! i love how your rounded the corners to soften the quilt. that's so effective!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, amandajean - I'm particularly fond of rounded corners on most any quilt. Only glitch, of course, is having to cut the binding on the bias . . . not my favorite task. But I sure do like the results . . . just seems to make a quilt "special!"