Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rescued From The Round File

I did it. Rather than tossing this almost-wall-hanging-that-never-shaped-up into the wastebasket, I finished it.

It's now a little 15-1/2" x 19-1/2" doll blanket. And I have just the little girl in mind to give it to.

I made the backing from the bunny fabric . . . had to piece it to have enough . . . and used Thermore for batting so it would be light and easy for the sweet girl to wrap around her favorite doll.

For quilting I did straight-line stitching in the ditch. Put on a yellow binding and another UFO is finished thanks to the encouragement from my blogging quilting friends!

7 comments:

beth said...

I'm so glad. I love the yellow you chose to compliment the print. I saw the bunny fabric last saturday at the sewing shop and thought right away of YOU!
YOur little friend is going to love playing with this one.

wishes, true and kind said...

Love that rescued quilt! A wonderful finish!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Thanks, Beth - I'm surprised they still had the bunny print in a shop. I got mine a few years ago.

Hi, Joan - Thanks for the nice compliment!

Katidids said...

How cute, wha a lucky little one! I think this time of year makes us allwant to "finish" all those UFO's & WIP"s. Give ourselves a fresh & clear start to spring!

Chicken Mama said...

And do I know the little one it's going to? I wonder if it will be for Pink Baby, Sister Baby, Sweet Pea Baby, or Ugly Baby?! ;)

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Katie - I hope the urge hangs on for a while! I mentioned at a get together earlier this week that I was working out of my box of UFOs and one gal looked at me incredulously and said, "You have only ONE box of UFOs??" (It's a big box.)

Oh, Chicken Mama! We need to clarify your comment before we get hate mail. We, of course, know the little one the doll quilt is going to. But your comment could be interpreted to mean we had dubbed possible recipients as Pink Baby, Sister Baby, Sweet Pea Baby or Ugly Baby! For clarification, those are all names of the little one's DOLLS! HAHAHAHAHA!

Jenyfer Matthews said...

That is a very good clarification to have made!!!