Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Featured Quilt of the Week - "Quintessential Buttercups"

What fun I had making this quilt! When I started making the eight inch blocks, I didn't know how many I would make, but ended up using twenty different traditional block patterns.


Believe it or not, I actually had trouble choosing just twenty patterns out of all I wanted to make. I'm pretty sure there's another sampler quilt coming up.


I think I used ten different fabrics in varied combinations in the blocks.


But if you count, you may come up with a different number!


For the backing fabric, I spent a long time trying to decide between one of the blues used in the front or the yellow I used for the sashing and outer front border. I thought about this for days before I made the decision to use them both in a pieced backing.


I experimented with a wavy grid pattern for the quilting and am very happy with the results. This particular quilting design adds a lot of interest to the back of the quilt.


You can read more about this quilt by going to my website and clicking on "Shop Now."

3 comments:

Erin said...

Nothing says spring like a yellow quilt! How pretty. Yellow quilts still will always remind me of grandma's breakfast table LOL!

beth said...

It's beautiful! The wavy grid is great too! did you mark that one?

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hey, Erin - Nothin' like good, good memories, is there?

Hi, Beth - No, I didn't mark the wavy grid, but could stay where I wanted to by kinda/sorta following the block lines.