Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Almost Like Christmas

It's almost like Christmas when you find a piece of quilting that's been tucked away for a while. Either that or I've gone 'round the bend and my memory is on the way out.

I just found these two completed baby quilt tops I had made from Evelyn Sloppy's book "40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts." Neither will be for sale because they're obviously not my original designs. But as soon as they're finished, they will be ready to be given to sweet, little, new arrivals. I already know of one eagerly anticipated birth due end of this summer.

This one is entitled "Cheerio" and appears on page 41 of the above mentioned book. What fun this one was to make! I could do it over and over again using my rather ample stash of scraps. I put a slightly different border on mine than was shown in the book.

This is "Peppermint Twist." As the name might imply, it was done in red and white in the book (page 111), but I choose lavendar and white for mine. It's constructed of just one simple block reversed and went together quickly.

Am I going to work on finishing these two quilts right away? Probably not as I was gone a lot this past week and never got back to working on more of my reversible quilted baby bibs I'm trying to get ready for listing on my website. But no matter. The two tops are now hanging on my design wall and I'm enjoying looking at them. It's been so long since I've seen them that it's almost like finding forgotten presents!

4 comments:

Jenyfer Matthews said...

You are scrupulously honest. Both of those quilt tops are based traditional blocks, not sure the author could tag you for selling them if you wished to!

Anyone you gift them to should be incredibly pleased :)

Katidids said...

Jus beautiful! I love the twist!

Sharon said...

Lovely little quilts! My fav is Cheerios...lots of nice colors! It looks like a lot of fun to work on, will have to look for the book you mentioned.

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Jen - You're right, they are both made with "unpatented" traditional blocks . . . but I did take advantage of her fabric yardages and well-written instructions. (I just love all of her work!)

Hey, Katie - Would that pattern make a great full-sized quilt? So simple and yet striking.

Hi, Sharon - Evelyn Sloppy (whadda name for a quilter, eh?) has several books out and I have found about a gazillion patterns in them I want to make!