Here it is Friday night and I'm ready for a big night out to celebrate the week's end. Not. More likely that I'm going to be ready for an early-to-bed night than anything else.
Most of my energy this week has been spent trying to hold back the hours in each day from slipping through my fingers so quickly. (And how's that workin' for ya? I can report I was totally unsuccessful and am now exhausted.)
Not having posted anything on this blog since Monday is not usual for me. But try as I might this week, I couldn't get into my quilt studio until today.
But . . . a good day it was. Besides doing a bit of much needed clean-up in the room, I spent time trying to figure out the new pattern for my reversible quilted baby bibs since I've decided to retire my old style which tied in the back.
I've been debating whether to use a snap or Velcro for the closure, and I think I've settled on the snap. Two things I don't like about the Velcro on the bibs: 1) They can be very scratchy on baby's delicate skin; and 2) the Velcro tends to grab onto lots of other fabrics in the washing machine and/or dryer often resulting in a twisted mess.
This is the front of the first bib I made today.
And the back side.
Second one . . .
. . . and the back view.
Both of the above bibs were made in the pillowcase method with no extra binding on the edges, and I'm pleased with this design. This will probably be the way I'll now be making them to list for sale on my website.
The bibs measure approximately 8-1/2" from side to side and 12" from bottom of the bib to the top of the snap closure. This size makes them very adequate for when baby starts feeding himself and food tends to make it neatly into his mouth only a small percentage of the time!