Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Project Completed!


Well, you can all sleep soundly tonight because my new fall shower curtain is completed and hanging in the bathroom.


You will just have to take my word for it that getting a decent picture of the shower curtain in our small bathroom is difficult to say the least. (There's hardly room for me, the shower curtain and the camera in there.)



I took this funny angled shot while the shower curtain was hanging on my design wall to try to show some of the quilting . . . but I'll admit, it just doesn't show up well.



This afternoon I phoned the store where I purchased my sewing machine to see if we could diagnose what the problem was with the computer programming for making buttonholes. (I talked with the owner who does all the machine repairs so I felt lucky to hook up with her.) We tried a few different things but to no avail. Looks like my trusty machine will have to make a trip down the road to get fixed.

My older machine does make buttonholes, but I've never been satisfied with the looks of them. In this circumstance, I knew they would be hardly visible at all so I went ahead and made them on the older machine just so I could get them done!

Am I happy with putting the Thermore batting between the top and muslin backing? Well, it seems a bit stiff yet; it doesn't hang as nicely as I would like it to. But this is probably because everything is still new and needs to get used to hanging. We'll give it the test of time, and may have to even wash it once before passing judgement. (But the batting certainly did give definition to the all the quilting I did on it . . . more quilting than I should have done on a shower curtain!)

As always, it sure feels good to have a project completed. Now what new thing shall I start?

No comments: