Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Baby Quilt Finished

What better thing to do at 3:30 in the morning than to quilt? In the wee hours of this morning I was having trouble sleeping 'cause I couldn't breathe (dratted cold is still bothering me), and I was sure my tickling (read: irritating as all heck), dry cough was going to wake my husband so I grabbed my box of Kleenex and shuffled into my quilt studio . . . and really got a lot done.

Here's the front view of my latest baby quilt. The measurements of it are 35-1/2" x 39".

I did end up making a new backing for it and am happy I took the time to do so. (Kind of gives new meaning to the term "pieced back", doesn't it?)

I was in a group of quilters once when were were discussing what was our personal favorite part of making a quilt. One gal, who was an expert quilter and constantly turned out gorgeous quilts of intricate design, said her favorite part was putting on the binding.

"Really?" I asked.

"For sure," she said. "Because as soon as I'm done with the binding, I can start a new quilt."

Now I can go start a new quilt!

2 comments:

beth said...

I really like the backing. Wish I had the patience to do this. But, I'm always in a rush to finish and don't usually piece the back.
Great Job!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Beth - Well, you know in this instance, it was a matter of necessity that I piece the backing!

And I'm glad to have your boost of confidence because the more I look at it, the more it looks a bit excessive to me. That's the trouble when you look at something you've done yourself for too long!