Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Frustrated But Hopeful

As spring approaches, I'm beginning to feel eager to get outside to the yard and garden but also know that it will take time away from my quilting.

I know that's why I feel a bit of frustration that the events of this past week have conspired against me spending any time in my quilt studio. So tonight I decided that even though I haven't had time to quilt, I could at least pull out a spring-ish wall hanging or two to decorate the house with. (It's definitely long past time for the snowman theme to disappear!)

I made this small wall hanging (14" x 14") several years ago when my quilt group's challenge for the year was "Baskets." I named it "Basket in the Cabin" because the background is made up of four Log Cabin blocks. I've always felt a little disappointed with it 'cause I placed the appliqued basket just a smidge bit too low. Dang. How the heck could I have missed that until AFTER it was appliqued in place?

Okay, if I'm so bummed out over lack of quilting time, why don't I just go into my quilt studio tomorrow morning with my morning latte and blissfully quilt for a couple of hours? Somehow I have the feeling that my dirty kitchen floor, pan of bars needing to be baked, pantry to be sorted, bills to be paid, and weekend's food to be prepared will be patiently waiting for me when I come out. Yupper, that's a darned good idea . . . and I'm gonna do it!

4 comments:

beth said...

I didn't think it was too low at all! Did you hand quilt the lines on the bars and then stipple the white? It's very cute. Glad you can now start thinking about warmer weather!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Beth - Gosh, you have good eyesight! Yes, you figured out exactly what I did for quilting on this one. Thanks for your comment and encouragement!

koralee said...

Hope you find time to enjoy your passion! The dishes will wait! Thanks for visiting me..your quilts are amazing. xoxo

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Koralee - Thank you for the very kind words. I don't need much encouragement to keep quilting! :o)