Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Friday, December 11, 2009

A Lot of Hand Applique Work

When my husband was teaching, this was the Christmas wall hanging he had in his third grade classroom at this time of year.

It's about 32" x 46" and was a "Block of the Month" program I signed up for. If I remember correctly, I signed up in March of one year thinking I would have the hanging ready for that same year's holiday season. Boy, those months flew by. Boy, I fell behind quickly.

But, doggone it, I was going to have it done by December so come the month of November, I did an awful lot of applique work. I did get it finished by the first week in December.

The only thing I regret was something I didn't notice until it was up on the classroom wall for the first time. I sure do wish I had put some kind of an outer border around it. The pattern didn't call for one but every time I look at this piece, I wish I had added one. If I hadn't been in such a rush (caused by my own procrastination in the year's previous months), I think I would have had time to really look at it after I had all the blocks sewn together and before I sandwiched and bound it. Oh, well. As they say, hindsight is always 20-20.


4 comments:

beth said...

I sure know what you mean when you say were in a rush to finish. I have this trouble more often than You and often look back at projects with a little disappointment that I didn't slow down or with ideas of how I might have changed this or that.
I happen to like the quilt JUST the way it is!!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hi, Beth - You are so very supportive! Thanks, m'dear.

Diane said...

This is beautiful!

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Hey, Diane - Thank you so much! I don't do a lot of applique . . . but when I do, I always wonder why I don't do more! Maybe that should be a goal for 2010.