When my husband was teaching, this was the Christmas wall hanging he had in his third grade classroom at this time of year.
It's about 32" x 46" and was a "Block of the Month" program I signed up for. If I remember correctly, I signed up in March of one year thinking I would have the hanging ready for that same year's holiday season. Boy, those months flew by. Boy, I fell behind quickly.
But, doggone it, I was going to have it done by December so come the month of November, I did an awful lot of applique work. I did get it finished by the first week in December.
The only thing I regret was something I didn't notice until it was up on the classroom wall for the first time. I sure do wish I had put some kind of an outer border around it. The pattern didn't call for one but every time I look at this piece, I wish I had added one. If I hadn't been in such a rush (caused by my own procrastination in the year's previous months), I think I would have had time to really look at it after I had all the blocks sewn together and before I sandwiched and bound it. Oh, well. As they say, hindsight is always 20-20.