Yes, the decision has been made.
This finished piece has been designated a wall hanging rather than a lap quilt or baby quilt. (The coloration on the picture above is awful, but it was the best I could get with my little camera. It's much prettier than it shows, but I guess you'll just have to take my word for that. Trust me that I wouldn't lie to you though!)
I had thought of using this piece as a wall hanging in the kitchen, but to get it to fit in that particular space I would have had to cut off the outer border on each side so much that it would no longer give a good balance to the quilt. However, I do have a bare paneled wall over our bed in the bedroom where I usually keep a quilt hanging so that's where I'll use it.
Boy, did I get myself into trouble on the binding for this one. I wanted to use the same green dotted fabric as the outer border . . . but didn't have enough of it. Rats. I was really about to panic trying to figure out what I was going to do when I realized I could cut back the backing and batting of the quilt leaving just enough of the front border . . .
. . . to fold to the back to make a (cheater's) passable quasi-bind. Whew! It doesn't look perfect and I wouldn't be happy with it on a quilt I was selling or giving away, but for my own use, nobody will ever know!
I tried to get a couple of shots of the machine quilting.
But I'm not sure how well it shows up in these pictures. I did two concentric circles on each Churn Dash block.
And repeated half and quarter circles in between the blocks out near the outer border. I also quilted in the ditch between the 7-1/2" blocks which are set on point.
The finished measurement of this wall hanging turned out to be 39" x 39".
And another UFO bites the dust! (Gotta admit, my fingers are getting mighty itchy to start something new . . . )