Quilt Projects

Click directly on the image(s) above
to open the slide show in a larger window.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Moving Right Along . . .

I've got the main body of my daughter's winter wall hanging put together.

Here I'm auditioning fabrics (on the left of the picture) for the borders.

A close-up of the piecing. Lots of cutting, but the piecing itself went fast.

I still have to construct the usual "Welcome" addition to the hanging and get that attached before I can proceed on the borders . . . if I ever decide on the fabrics for the borders, that is. Sometimes it's so hard to tell if they'll look right before actually getting them on. Then if you decide you've made a goof . . . well, back to the drawing board. Or maybe I should say seam ripper!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Who would believe that it could look even better! You truly have an amazing talent, my dear. What a beautiful quilt. Chicken Mama is so lucky to have you....

The Apple Pie Gal said...

It looks fan-tab-u-lous! Really, I love the pattern and your piecing is perfect!

Unsolicited opinion, I like the darker border. (the furtherst) Sorry, couldn't stop myself!

Truly a great looking project!

Leigh said...

How did I miss that you have a quilting blog?!?!?! The current work in progress is gorgeous! You do beautiful work. (Quilting was my first fiber love).

Jenyfer Matthews said...

I really like the look of that pattern. How big are the individual blocks? I'm thinking of making a twin sized quilt for the guest bed in our computer room and this might be the pattern...

Erin said...

It looks lovely! I too, love the darker border... but then again, what do I know? LOL....

mtnchild said...

Oh, I love it!! It has so much motion and keeps my eyes going all over the place. I like the darkest border too, it will contain all the movement.

Hugs
Yvette

Mama Pea Quilts said...

Susan - Stop, stop with the compliments. My head is going to get bigger than it already is. And I do have a big head. You know when hats say One Size Fits All? I always say, "Oh, no it doesn't!" :o)

APG - Glad to have your opinion! Truly. But I wanted to use all three fabrics for a 1-2-3 border. I'm trying to make the wall hanging bigger!

Leigh - Aha! Another hidden talent we haven't been privy to! How 'bout showin' some of your stuff, Girlie?

Jen - The blocks are 5" square finished.

Erin - What do you know? You know what you like, what looks good to you. I appreciate the comment.

Yvette - The motion does need a containing border, doesn't it?